Sunday, August 30, 2009

sweet tooth?

well, maybe for a salmon:) i know a bit unconventional. i live on the edge of the universe when it comes to mail delivery and i haven't received all of my goodies to share yet. soooo...i came up with this. a muse has the new, fantastic blackberry and paprika notecards. i just love these yummy colors! i also used the new black polka dot sheer ribbon and the new BITE ME! i'll be using that one alot!!

this card reminds of my dad, he was an avid fisherman. if you ever meet me, you'll probably never believe that as a kid/teenager we camped my WHOLE summer vacation up in the okanogans. if we weren't doing that , we were fishing in the "hole" in deception pass on whidbey.
looking back i have great memories, at the time it drove me crazy! all of my friends were off doing what i thought was normal girly stuff:) a few years back, i was telling my sil about my childhood, i thought she was going to have stroke, couldn't wrap her brain around the fact that i pretty much lived like a park ranger. a childhood i think she wanted;) now, i love lipgloss and my nordy's but i can clean and bait a fish with the best of them:)

thanks for letting me share a muse and a memory!

8 comments:

Susie said...

cool card! I love the way you colored the fish, very pretty:) I must get that fishing pool, and that sentiment is perfect!

Joyce said...

Love it, June! That sentiment is perfect for a fishing card!

jenn shurkus said...

i love the coloring you did on the fish :) clever card june!

Anonymous said...

This is perfect June! I love the colors and the sentiment works great with these stamps! Awesome card!

Anonymous said...

Great job girl! That sentiment goes perfect with the fish

Michellem said...

Funny - out of the box thinking! You did a great job coloring your fish!

Laura said...

haha...what a cute sentiment to put with the fish!

Dawn said...

This fishy card is perfect! Love that fishing rod too. Nice job, June.